Surf Coast Events Website Terms & Conditions
Thank you for your interest in promoting your event with Surf Coast Events.
This platform promotes major events held on public or Council land, events funded through the Surf Coast Event Grants Program, and larger community events that are open to the general public.
It does not promote days of significance or celebration, smaller fundraisers, formal openings, ongoing sporting club fixtures, fitness classes, or regular activities conducted in commercial venues.
If you would like to promote your event on the Surf Coast Events website, please submit your event details here .
Smaller community workshops, classes and gatherings are invited to promote their details on the Surf Coast Shire website here: Submit a ‘community happening’ to our Community Calendar .
For other ideas on how to promote your event head here: Promoting your Event .
The following terms and conditions apply to all events listed on surfcoastevents.com.au .
Note that “Council” refers to Surf Coast Shire Council.
- Events must be held wholly or primarily within the Surf Coast Shire and must be open to the public.
- Large umbrella events will only have one listing, with their sub-events promoted on this single listing.
- Council reserves the right to refuse event listings for events considered to be discriminatory, or that specifically exclude persons from attending based on their race, disability, political or religious beliefs.
- There are no charges associated with adding your event to the Surf Coast Events website.
- Requests need to be submitted at least 2 weeks prior to the event date.
- Events can be listed up to 12 months before the event date.
- Regular events may be listed on an ongoing basis. It is the responsibility of the event organiser to confirm the new event date.
- Events with multiple dates, eg markets, may have up to four dates listed at a time.
- Event organisers are responsible for checking their event’s listing for errors. Any errors may be edited by the administrator on the advice of the organiser.
- Council reserves the right to reject or remove any event listing from its website for any reason whatsoever.
- The following type of events will not be promoted on the Surf Coast Events website:
- Events held outside the Surf Coast Shire.
- Regular programs and events held in commercial or private venues.
- Private and/or invitation only events.
- Corporate events where the goal is to promote a brand or product.
- Regular sporting programs, fixtures or events.
- Political causes.
- Smaller community workshops, classes or gatherings.
- Unlawful, discriminative or racist events.
- State or nation-wide events (eg Red Nose Day), significant days, formal openings or other celebrations.
- The person submitting an event listing must be the event organiser or an authorised delegate of the event organiser.
- The person submitting the event listing must ensure information supplied is accurate and information is kept up to date, with any changes notified to Council as soon as possible by emailing email@example.com or phone 03 5261 0600. Where discrepancies or inaccuracies are found in the information listed, the listing will be removed from the website. The information will only be re-listed if the discrepancies or inaccuracies are addressed and fixed.
- Council may edit your event information or crop and resize your images depending on the requirements of the promotional tool used to promote your event.
- Your event information and images may also be used in other publications and resources including social media.
- The person submitting a listing, as legal owner of the event imagery including supplied photo/s and video content, provides consent and full permission to Council to use this imagery for all marketing and promotional purposes, and releases and discharges Council any and all claims and demands arising out of or in connection with the use of the said imagery, including any and all claims for further liability.
- The event organiser must have the relevant licences, permits, insurance and registrations to run the event being listed.
- Personal information collected will be used in accordance with the Privacy and Data Protection Act 2014.
- The Surf Coast Events website is provided without any warranties or guarantees that the service will be error free and without disruption.
- Events without their own website are permitted to promote their event listing URL eg surfcoastevents/aireysfestival
Council does not accept any responsibility for:
- Any claims, actions, suits, liabilities, costs and expenses incurred on any account as a result of the listing or intended listing of any event by the event organiser on this site or any related site.
- Any loss or damage incurred by an event organiser as a result of any failure or delay in listing an event.
- Any errors, inaccuracies or incorrect information that may appear in an event listing.
- Unlawful or discriminatory events or event listings that may have be posted on this website.
- Any false or deliberately misleading event advertising and postings on this website.
- Council does not accept any liability or responsibility for any loss, damage, cost or expense incurred by any individual or entity as a result of the advertising and listing of any event on this website, or any loss, damage, cost or expense incurred by any individual or entity caused by the holding of, or cancellation of any event.
- Council is under no obligation to advertise or list events on this website and therefore does not accept any liability or responsibility in any case where the website becomes unavailable, service is interrupted, or website errors or issues occur.